75 g caster sugar
75 g plain flour
Sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ Gas 6.
- Line a Swiss roll tin 20 x 30 cm with baking parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar for about 10 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy and you can leave a trail in the mixture.
- Sieve in the flour and fold in gently with a metal spoon – figure of eight shape.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and the cake springs back to touch.
- Turn onto a sugared cloth. Trim the edges.
- Spread with warm jam and roll from the short side. Hold in place until firm.