This is the seventies recipe but you can liven it up with chilli sauce or curry powder which we didn’t use.
Makes 8 halves of stuffed eggs
- Put the eggs in hot water in a saucepan , bring the water to the boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and put into very cold water to stop the yolks from turning black.
- When cool cut the eggs in half, lengthways and scoop out the yolk
- Mash the yolk with some salad cream and then with spoon or pipe back into the whites.
- To serve, sprinkle with a pinch of paprika and decorate with a sprig of parsley.
You can serve the eggs with silly fussy salad – tomato lilies, tassels of spring onions, radish roses and leaves of limp lettuce and of course, a jug of salad cream.