Makes 12 portions
125ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla paste
2 large eggs
60g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
50g chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan.
- Line the base of a shallow square or round baking tin – about 20cm – with non-stick baking parchment.
- In a bowl mix the oil, vanilla and beaten eggs.
- In another bowl sieve together the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Stir the oil and egg mixture into the flour mixture.
- Spoon into the baking tin and bake for 25 minutes.
- Test to see if the mixture is soft in the middle – if too soft cook a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the tray and leave to cool.
- Cut into pieces when cool and store in an airtight container for up to a week.