200g white SR flour
3g baking powder
100g grated cheese
20g sesame seeds
30g pumpkin seeds
30g sunflower seeds
milk – approximately 130ml
Glaze – beaten egg mixed with small amounts of each seed
- Preheat the oven at 230°C/ Gas mark 9.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and rub in the butter.
- Stir in some of the cheese, sesame seeds, pine nuts and sunflower seeds and mix to a stiff dough with the milk. Knead until smooth.
- Pat out onto a floured surface until roughly 16 cm in diameter. Place on a baking tray and mark into 6 equal segments. Brush over the glaze and sprinkle over some seeds.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes on the centre of the top shelf until the scone ring is firm underneath and thoroughly cooked. Test to see if a skewer comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.