High energy oat bar – Makes 16 squares
Adapt the recipe by adding seeds and fruit to add crunchiness and colour to the recipe.
Ingredients for basic recipe
2 tablespoons golden syrup (60g)
80g brown sugar
100g margarine or butter
200g rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and line a 22 cm square tin with baking parchment or non stick paper.
- Heat the tablespoon in a cup of hot water to help measure the tablespoons of golden syrup.
- In a saucepan melt the sugar, margarine or butter and golden syrup.
- Stir in the oats and pack down into a 22 cm square tin and smooth down.
- Bake for 30 minutes – a bit longer if you want it crunchy.
- Take out of the oven and mark into 16 squares. Leave to cool and take out of the tin.